This New Years is a big one people, big as in we’re moving into another decade big! This a time where everyone is reflecting on the past year and decade, deciding what worked for them, and what didn’t. Everyone is trying to get healthy, fit, happier, kinder, and everything in between. It is a time for change and growth, and we have the perfect resolutions that will help you and our Earth.
1. Ditch the palm oil: Palm oil is high in saturated fats, which aren’t so healthy for your heart, finding a heart healthy alternative is key, plus the less palm oil we consume, the less tropical rain forests are destroyed to harvest it.
2. Save some $$$: We all probably spend too much money, some easy ways to avoid that? REUSE! Reuse plastic bags, water bottles, amazon boxes, gift bags, ribbon, old t-shirts, and so much more, by reusing you are reducing environmental waste (!!) and saving some coin, it’s a win win!
3. Workout-side: Trying to get fit? Thinking about picking up running? Start OUTSIDE! There is an endless amount of space to run, it is literally at your own pace, and it’ll be easier if you’re soaking up that Vitamin D! You’re saving electricity AND money, so does this count as a double resolution?
4. Volunteer: Volunteering makes you, and those around you, feel good, so whether it’s giving your time to a soup kitchen or a local organization that cleans up the the rivers and streams.. you can help out in so many ways!
5. De-clutter and Donate: Trying to clear out your closet, kitchen, and shed? Donate those items that you don’t want! There are even organizations that will take damaged goods (torn clothing, broken totes) and recycle them for you! Pro-Tip: H&M gives you a coupon each time you bring a bag of clothing for recycling!
So what are you waiting for? Go out there and make 2020 the best year yet, and keep working to make the 20’s the best decade yet. It’s about living life and protecting the Earth 🙂